Admitted Mechanical Engineering Undergraduates
Admitted Mechanical Engineering Department Students
Students accepted into the ME Department should meet with Dr. Hess, the ME Department Undergraduate Program Advisor, with any questions (ENC 2205, email@example.com).
ME Advisor role
- Advise current ME students
- Assist students with course selection and planning
- Review student graduation application
The ME Program Course Flowchart shows all courses required for the BSME degree. Solid lines indicate course prerequisite and dashed lines indicate course co-requisite. The BSME degree also requires students to take four technical elective courses. Students should regularly plan and monitor their academic progress through DegreeWorks, the official USF degree audit system.
ME student course registration process
- ME students register for all courses, including EML prefix courses, through OASIS
- If an error message appears during registration for an EML course, you must submit a Permit Request Form to Dr. Hess for approval
- Instructor signature is also required for a closed course or pre/co-requisite error messages. The instructor signature should be included on the same Permit Request Form that Dr. Hess signs.
- Permits are issued by ME office staff within 24 hours. A permit lifts a course restriction allowing the student to register for the course in OASIS.
- If your registration in OASIS is stalled due to a hold you must have the hold removed before proceeding with the registration process. Some examples of holds are parking citations, immunization or medical insurance forms, and library fines. ME staff are not able to lift these holds. Please contact the appropriate department that placed the hold on your account.