Attendance & Leave
Faculty, Administration and Staff employees enjoy nine paid holidays as listed below. Additionally, the President may approve floating holidays each calendar year that are announced at a later date. While most offices will close, there will be exceptions due to the nature of work performed. These decisions are made by the Vice Presidents and Deans on a case-by-case basis.
Although most Temporary employees are not eligible to be paid for these days off, the following employee groups are paid for holidays:
- Professional, salaried Temporary.
- Salaried Graduate Assistants/Associates covered by the collective bargaining agreement.
- Adjunct faculty who are working their regularly required work schedule.
Regular Staff employees who have successfully completed their probationary period are eligible for one personal holiday each year.
2017 Paid Holidays
- New Year's Day (Monday, January 2)
- Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Birthday (Monday, January 16)
- Memorial Day (Monday, May 29)
- Independence Day (Tuesday, July 4)
- Labor Day (Monday, September 4)
- Veteran's Day (Friday, November 10)
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, November 23)
- Day after Thanksgiving (Friday, November 24)
- Christmas Day (Monday, December 25)
- New Year’s Day 2018 (Monday, January 1)
2017 Additional Winter Break Holidays
- Tuesday, December 26, 2017
- Wednesday, December 27, 2017
2017 Floating Holidays
- Thursday, December 28, 2017
- Friday, December 29, 2017
If a holiday falls on a Saturday, the holiday is observed on Friday; if a holiday falls on a Sunday, the holiday is observed on Monday.
- Holiday scheduling for Clinical Faculty at USF Health *Clinical Schedule may differ. Employees should consult with their immediate supervisor.
- Refer to the A&L Guide for Employees for Holiday Hours/Pay, Staff Personal Holidays, and Observance of Religious Holy Days.