GA/RA/TA, Department Sponsor, and Mandated Policy Information
GA/RA/TA and Department Sponsor Policy Information
Open enrollment for Spring 2018 under the GA/RA/TA Insurance subsidy ended on February 15, 2018.
The Insurance subsidy is NOT available for Summer 2018. Eligible GA/RA/TAs can only enroll for the USF insurance subsidy during Open-Enrollment periods, which are offered only in the Fall and Spring semesters.
To be eligible for the Fall 2018 insurance subsidy, you must meet the following elements:
- Be an active employee in the USF GEMS employment system in one of the following job codes for the time period you select to be insured.
- Job codes: 9181, 9182, 9183, 9184, 9185 or 9550
- Work a minimum of 10 hours a week (.25 FTE of higher)
Instructions will posted in the month of July, advising you on how to enroll for the insurance subsidy as well as information about the 2018-2019 policy. Open enrollment for Fall 18 will start around August 1st and continue until September 17, 2018
If you are being sponsored by the University and are not GA/RA/TA, you must enroll by the first day of class. Student/Scholars funded by your department/scholarship/grant enroll here.
Students in the programs listed below are eligible for the USF Sponsored health insurance policy. You may enroll here for Summer 2018 coverage between April 11, 2018 and June 11, 2018.
- College of Marine Science
- College of Medicine
- College of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- Intercollegiate Athlete
- International Student on Optional Practical training or Curricular Practical training
- Wellness USF Student Employee