Need Coverage? USF Insurance Policy Information
Need coverage or to re-enroll?
The Student Medical Insurance Plan (SMIP) is affordable health insurance coverage for USF students. You can sign up online at the beginning of each semester and purchase a semester- or year-long plan, whichever fits your needs.
Which plan should I sign up for: Voluntary, GA or Mandated?
You are eligible for the Voluntary Plan if you are a:
- Domestic (U.S.) undergraduate student enrolled who is in a degree-seeking program and registered for a minimum of 12 credit hours
- Graduate student enrolled in a degree-seeking program
- Cooperative education student
- Student with an internship
- Student with disabilities
- Student enrolled in your graduating semester
- Graduate Certificate student
*All students listed above are eligible for insurance under the primary plan unless mandated or supported by their college or department (see list below).
If you are University Sponsored Non-GA Enrollment:
-Student/Scholar funded by your department/scholarship / grant (enroll here)
You are eligible for the Mandated/Supported Plan if you are enrolled in/as:
- College of Marine Science
- College of Medicine
- College of Pharmacy
- Intercollegiate Athlete
-International Student on Optional Practical Training or Curricular Practical Training
- Wellness USF Student Employees
Above listed populations enroll here
- International student
- INTO USF
- Study Abroad / Exchange Program
- Visiting Scholar
Above populations enroll at SHS Insurance Office