Whether you have your own coverage or are listed on your parent's or spouse's plan, SHS accepts many health insurance plans and you won't have to pay a co-pay for general medical office visits.
How to use insurance at SHS:
- Check here to make sure we accept your plan.
- Contact your insurance company to understand what services are covered.
- If you have an HMO plan, tell your insurance company you want one of our medical doctors (MDs) to be listed as your primary care physician (PCP).
- Call 813-974-2331 to make an appointment.
- Bring your insurance card (or a copy of both sides) with you to your appointment.
SHS will automatically bill your insurance company for covered services. You are responsible for paying for any non-covered costs.
If you provide SHS with insurance information but do not want your insurance billed for a specific service, be sure to let the SHS staff know you want to self-pay when you check out.
USF does not sponsor a voluntary health insurance plan for the general student body. However, every fall Student Health partners with the USF Health Care Navigators to offer enrollment assistance in the Federal Marketplace.
- Always carry your insurance card.
- Know what is covered and not covered under your policy.
- Be aware of restrictions or limitations in your health insurance plan.
- Check the SHS Fee Schedule before your appointment to know what uncovered services cost.