CMS Technical Guide
Access to create new assets varies depending on permission level.
Navigate to Asset Manager by going to Content > Assets.
This will provide a list of the current assets, which can be modified if access has been granted, and the ability to create a new asset, also based on permissions.
Two types of Assets can be created.
• Web Content – The asset is configured with a mini-WYSIWYG Editor. It may include basic formatting.
• Plain Text – The asset is configured with plain text only.
To create a new asset:
1. Click either the New button or the arrow. Clicking the arrow will provide a quick look at which widgets are available, while clicking the New button will provide a larger view.
2. Select the asset type desired.
3. Complete the presented fields, including: - Asset Name* - Description - Tags (unit name and type of asset) *Please note: When naming your assets, please use this configuration: unit name-type of assetname of asset (i.e. main-usf-text-history; business-text-mba)
4. Configure the asset.
5. Select the group to whom access to edit the asset should be granted.
6. Click Create.
7. From the Publish drop down menu, select which action is appropriate for your permission level/workflow (Publish, Schedule, Submit for Approval, etc.).
Before the asset can be used on the pages, it will need to be published. Follow the same publication process as with pages (see Publishing Pages section).
Helpful Hint: If tagged properly, you can filter the main list of assets by your unit name. Simply enter in your unit name in the filter bar. This enables you to view only your assets.
Departments/units throughout campus can use any of the assets tagged "main-usf" on their own websites, but cannot edit any photos, icons, or text. They can be found by clicking on "Assets" under the Content tab.
The Office of University Communications and Marketing maintains all these assets.
|main-usf-text-about||This asset provides overview information about USF. Located on the main USF website||USF Info|
|main-usf-text-academics||This asset provides an overview of academics. Located on the main USF website||USF Academics|
|main-usf-text-admissions||This asset provides an overview of admissions. Located on the main USF website||USF Admissions|
|main-usf-text-boilerplate-||This asset contains the official USF boilerplate provided by UCM|
|main-usf-text-campus-life||This asset provides an overview of campus life. Located on the main USF website||USF Campus Life|
|main-usf-text-contact-usf||This asset lists the contact information for the most common departments/units on the Tampa campus. Located on the main USF website||USF Contacts|
|main-usf-text-history||This asset lists major points in USF history. Located on the main USF website||USF History|
|main-usf-text-points-of-pride||This asset provides the official Points of Pride as determined by the Office of Decision Support. Located on the main USF website||USF Pride|
|main-usf-text-research||This asset provides an overview of research. Located on the main USF website||USF Research|
|main-usf-text-site-map||This asset contains the site map of the main usf.edu (pages within the CMS). Located on the main USF||USF Site Map|
|main-usf-text-strategic-initiatives||This asset describes the current strategic initiatives at USF. Located on the main USF website:||USF Strategic Initiatives|
|main-usf-text-traditions||This asset provides information on traditions at USF. Located on the main USF website||USF Tradition|
All of these assets are located on the Media Contacts page within the UCM site.
|main-usf-text-ucm-media||This asset contains the contact information for the media/public affairs team in UCM|
|main-usf-text-athletics-media||This asset provides the contact information for the USF Athletics media team.|
|main-usf-text-upd-media||This asset contains media contact information for UP|
This asset contains the contact information for the USF Sarasota-Manatee media team.
This asset contains the contact information for the media team at USF St. Petersburg.