Visit the St. Petersburg Campus
St. Petersburg In-Person Tour
In light of continuing concerns about COVID-19 (coronavirus), the University of South
Florida has made the decision to modify upcoming campus tours, housing tours, and
other events to meet new health & safety guidelines. For the latest updates on how
USF is responding to the coronavirus threat, please visit: https://www.usf.edu/coronavirus/
ST. PETERSBURG CAMPUS IN-PERSON TOURS ARE NOW OPEN
Tours are now open to explore the St. Petersburg campus in-person! To ensure the safety and health of our campus community, the on-campus tour experience will have some modifications. Here's how it will work:
- Small group sizes
- Physical distancing encouraged
- Face coverings encouraged
- COVID-19 Symptom Check Questionnaire
- Outdoor program - but you'll still get to see a dorm room in our newest Residence Hall, Osprey!
Grab your sunglasses and get to know the St. Petersburg campus of USF. Take a tour that introduces students to the programs, places and people of our sunny, harborside campus located in one of Florida’s culturally rich cities. You will also get the chance to learn more about the application process during an Information Session with an Admissions Counselor.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR TOUR
A Tour of Campus - Our student-led tours give you an up-close view of our academic programs, student organizations and waterfront recreation such as sailing and kayaking. You will hear from current students about what life is really like on our dynamic St. Petersburg campus!
An Information Session - Presented by an Office of Admissions professional, the session will provide an overview of the university, admission requirements, scholarships and campus life.
Before scheduling a visit, please keep the following in mind:
- Dates - Tours are offered Monday-Friday and on select Saturdays. Tour space is limited to provide our guests with a positive experience. Please have a few dates in mind before making your reservation in case your first choice is not available.
- Academic Calendar - To get the best feel for the St. Petersburg campus, check our academic calendar and visit when there are students on campus attending classes.
- Disability Accommodations - Please contact the tour staff at Navigators@usfsp.edu at least five working days in advance for mobility assistance, visual impairment assistance or American Sign Language interpreting.
- International Students - Contact Navigators@usfsp.edu to add a meeting with an International Admissions Advisor to your tour.
- Weather - The St. Petersburg campus is located in a subtropical climate and the tour is outdoors. Doesn’t sound so bad, right? Even though most of our days are filled with blue skies and sunshine, we ask that you please consider Florida’s heat, humidity and rain showers as a possibility. Expect a lot of walking, so please dress accordingly and wear proper shoes.
- Hotels and Accommodations - See nearby hotels and accommodations where you can stay when you're coming to visit campus.
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR VISIT
One of the best parts of attending USF's St. Petersburg campus is the location. Tucked next to scenic Bayboro Harbor, we offer the amenities and advantages of higher-priced, larger universities, plus the benefits of being a part of Florida’s newest Preeminent State Research University. What else is there to love? This campus is in the heart of culturally rich and dynamic St. Petersburg — an artsy, vibrant and welcoming Florida city.
Plus, St. Petersburg campus students have access to the rich professional resources afforded by our network of business connections. Our students tap into community and industry relationships for valuable internship and practicum experiences to prepare them for rewarding careers when they graduate.
If you're visiting us from out of town, make a weekend out of it! For more information on hotels, restaurants, things to do and more, check out Visit St. Pete Clearwater.