Visit the Tampa Campus
Tampa In-Person Tour
In light of continuing concerns about COVID-19 (coronavirus), the University of South
Florida has made the decision to modify upcoming campus tours, housing tours, and
other events to meet new health & safety guidelines. Accordingly, all visitation programs
will monitor face coverings, physical distancing and screen for COVID-19 symptoms.
For the latest updates on how USF is responding to the coronavirus threat, please
TAMPA CAMPUS IN-PERSON TOURS ARE NOW OPEN
Tours are now open to explore the Tampa campus in-person! To ensure the safety and health of our campus community, the on-campus tour experience will have some modifications. Here's how:
- Small group sizes (1 person and 1 guest per registration)
- Monitored physical distancing
- Sanitization checkpoints
- Face coverings required at all times
- Entirely outdoor program
In-person tours are available every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Our Wednesday tours are hosted exclusively for our admitted students. Tour registration prioritizes our admitted Bulls to ensure they are able to check out the spaces they will live and learn before making their final college decision.
Explore USF’s Tampa campus and get a feel for the numerous amenities and student life opportunities provided for students at our largest location. We look even better in person!
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR TOUR
A Tour of Campus - Our student-led tours give you an up-close view of our top-rated academic facilities, dining options, student support offices, recreation and other points of pride. You will also get a tour of a suite-style residence hall. In addition, you will hear from current USF students about what life is really like at our dynamic university!
An Information Session - Presented by an Office of Admissions professional, the session will provide an overview of the university, admission requirements, scholarships and campus life.
Before scheduling a visit, please keep the following in mind:
- Dates - Tour space is limited to provide our guests with a positive experience. Please have a few dates in mind before making your reservation in case your first choice is not available.
- Academic Calendar - To get the best feel for USF, check our academic calendar and visit when there are students on our Tampa campus attending classes.
- Disability Accommodations - Please contact the tour staff at 813-974-7878 (Florida Relay Service TTY: 800-955-8771) or firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance for mobility assistance, visual impairment assistance or American Sign Language interpreting.
- International Students - Contact email@example.com to add a meeting with an International Admissions Advisor to your campus tour.
- Weather - The Tampa campus is located in a subtropical climate and tours are held outdoors.
- Hotels and Accommodations - See nearby hotels and accommodations where you can stay when you're coming to visit our Tampa campus.
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR VISIT
One of the best parts of attending USF is the location. Our sprawling Tampa campus is packed with all the student amenities and resources of a large university, and it’s conveniently located a short drive from downtown, historic Ybor City, theme parks and more. USF offers something for everyone, from beach lovers to sports fans to art aficionados.
Plus, USF students have access to the rich professional resources afforded by the bustling metropolitan area. This includes a strong economy anchored by major companies. Our business community relationships offer students valuable internship and practicum experiences that prepare them for rewarding careers when they graduate.
Download our Gulf Coast Visitor Guide to make the most of your trip and explore everything our Gulf Coast region has to offer, from sports to arts to nature.