Visit USF Tampa
USF Tampa Overview
In light of continuing concerns about COVID-19 (coronavirus), the University of South Florida has made the decision to cancel upcoming campus tours, housing tours, and events. For the latest updates on how USF is responding to the coronavirus threat, please
Explore beautiful USF Tampa and get a feel for the numerous amenities and student life opportunities provided by our largest campus. We look even better in person!
CAN'T MAKE IT TO CAMPUS YET?
Take our online virtual tour to explore the USF Tampa campus anytime, from any location.
Discover all the places USF students learn, live and play, including our residence halls, classrooms, student centers, dining halls and more. It’s the next best thing to being here!
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR TOUR
A Tour of Campus - Our student-led tours give you an up-close view of our top-rated academic facilities, dining options, student support offices, recreation and other points of pride. You will also get a tour of a suite-style residence hall. In addition, you will hear from current USF students about what life is really like at our dynamic university!
An Information Session - Presented by an Office of Admissions professional, the session will provide an overview of the university, admission requirements, scholarships and campus life.
Before scheduling a visit, please keep the following in mind:
- Dates - Tour space is limited to provide our guests with a positive experience. Please have a few dates in mind before making your reservation in case your first choice is not available.
- Academic Calendar - To get the best feel for USF, check our academic calendar and visit when there are students on campus attending classes. Campus visits are not offered during university holidays or the first week of classes.
- Disability Accommodations - Please contact the tour staff at 813-974-7878 (Florida Relay Service TTY: 800-955-8771) or firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance for mobility assistance, visual impairment assistance or American Sign Language interpreting.
- International Students - Contact email@example.com to add a meeting with an International Admissions Advisor to your campus tour.
- Weather - USF Tampa is located in a subtropical climate and tours are held outdoors. Doesn’t sound so bad, right? Even though most of our days are filled with blue skies and sunshine, we ask that you please consider Florida’s heat, humidity and occasional rain showers. Expect a lot of walking, so please dress accordingly and wear proper shoes.
- Hotels and Accommodations - See nearby hotels and accommodations where you can stay when you're coming to visit campus.
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR VISIT
One of the best parts of attending USF is the location. Our sprawling Tampa campus is packed with all the student amenities and resources of a large university, and it’s conveniently located a short drive from downtown, historic Ybor City, theme parks and more. USF offers something for everyone, from beach lovers to sports fans to art aficionados.
Plus, USF students have access to the rich professional resources afforded by the bustling metropolitan area. This includes a strong economy anchored by major companies. Our business community relationships offer students valuable internship and practicum experiences that prepare them for rewarding careers when they graduate.
Download our Gulf Coast Visitor Guide to make the most of your trip and explore everything our Gulf Coast region has to offer, from sports to arts to nature.