Visit Tampa Campus
Tampa In-Person Tour
In light of continuing concerns about COVID-19 (coronavirus), the University of South
Florida has made the decision to modify upcoming campus tours, housing tours, and
other events to meet new health & safety guidelines. USF is following direction from
the board of Governors and guidance from the CDC In relation to face coverings, physical
distancing and other precautionary measures. For the latest updates on how USF is
responding to the coronavirus threat, please visit: https://www.usf.edu/coronavirus/
TAMPA CAMPUS IN-PERSON TOURS ARE NOW OPEN
Tours are open to explore the Tampa campus in-person! To ensure the safety and health
of our campus community, the on-campus tour experience will have some modifications.
- Face coverings highly encouraged during the tour and at all times on campus (indoors or outdoors)
- Physical distancing of 6 feet or more from other parties while walking or gathering highly encouraged
- Fully outdoor program.
- No gathering and waiting inside indoor spaces
- Check-in and the tour will take place outdoors
- Modified tour route featuring USF's newest residential facility, The Village and other new campus locations
- Unique, weekly virtual information sessions have replaced formal in-person presentations
In-person tours are available Monday through Friday and are open to all students. We are able to accommodate walk-ins and additional unregistered guests as no-shows on the day-of allow.
Explore USF’s Tampa campus and get a feel for the numerous amenities and student life opportunities provided for students at our largest location. We look even better in person!
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR TOUR
A Tour of Campus - Our student-led tours give you an up-close view of our top-rated academic facilities, dining options, student support offices, recreation and other points of pride. You will also get a tour of a suite-style residence hall. In addition, you will hear from current USF students about what life is really like at our dynamic university!
Before scheduling a visit, please keep the following in mind:
- Dates - Tour space is limited to provide our guests with a positive experience. Please have a few dates in mind before making your reservation in case your first choice is not available.
- Academic Calendar - To get the best feel for USF, check our academic calendar and visit when there are students on our Tampa campus attending classes.
- Disability Accommodations - Please contact the tour staff at 813-974-7878 (Florida Relay Service TTY: 800-955-8771) or email@example.com at least two weeks in advance for mobility assistance, visual impairment assistance or American Sign Language interpreting.
- International Students - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to add a meeting with an International Admissions Advisor to your campus tour.
- Weather - The Tampa campus is located in a subtropical climate and tours are held outdoors.
- Hotels and Accommodations - See nearby hotels and accommodations where you can stay when you're coming to visit our Tampa campus.
GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR VISIT
One of the best parts of attending USF is the location. Our sprawling Tampa campus is packed with all the student amenities and resources of a large university, and it’s conveniently located a short drive from downtown, historic Ybor City, theme parks and more. USF offers something for everyone, from beach lovers to sports fans to art aficionados.
Plus, USF students have access to the rich professional resources afforded by the bustling metropolitan area. This includes a strong economy anchored by major companies. Our business community relationships offer students valuable internship and practicum experiences that prepare them for rewarding careers when they graduate.
Download our Gulf Coast Visitor Guide to make the most of your trip and explore everything our Gulf Coast region has to offer, from sports to arts to nature.