Sarasota-Manatee Campus Tours
Get to know our hometown USF Sarasota-Manatee campus. Take a tour that will introduce you to our personalized programs and scenic setting along Sarasota Bay.
Our student-led tours give you an up-close view of our academic facilities and programs,
recreational amenities and other points of pride. In addition, you will hear from
current students about what life is really like on our dynamic Sarasota-Manatee campus!
Your tour includes an information session presented by an Office of Admissions professional, where you’ll get an overview of the university, admission requirements, scholarships and campus life.
Before scheduling a visit, please keep the following in mind:
- Dates: Tour space is limited to provide our guests with a positive experience. Please have a few dates in mind before making your reservation in case your first choice is not available.
- Academic calendar: To get the best feel for the Sarasota-Manatee campus, check our academic calendar and visit when there are students on campus attending classes. Campus visits are not offered during university holidays.
- International students: Please send us an email to add a meeting with an International Admissions Advisor to your tour.
- Weather: The Sarasota-Manatee campus is located in a subtropical climate, and our tours are held outdoors. Wear comfortable shoes, sunscreen, hats, sunglasses and temperature-appropriate clothing. It can get hot in Sarasota, especially on a walking tour of campus.
Customize a tour of the Sarasota-Manatee campus for your group today. Whether you
want to take a quick tour of campus, take advantage of our campus dining, participate
in interactive college-preparation games or just get to know our campus community,
we are here to provide a great visit.
To ensure all group visits are coordinated effectively, we ask that requests be submitted at least three weeks prior to the week you intend to visit. If you would like to schedule a group tour (consisting of five or more guests), please send us an email or call 941-359-4331
Explore USF’s Sarasota-Manatee campus online – from anywhere! Led by student guides,
our virtual tour offers you 360-degree panoramic views of our beautiful campus located
on Sarasota Bay.
Picture yourself in our state-of-the-art student center. Discover the exciting, hands-on learning at Mote Marine Laboratory and Culinary Innovation Lab. Imagine yourself stretched out under the Florida sun in a hammock – in February! It’s all possible with one click.
Please contact the tour staff at 941-359-4200 or send us an email at least five working days in advance for mobility assistance, visual impairment
assistance, or American Sign Language interpreting.
USF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution and therefore complies fully with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) and all other federal and state laws and regulations prohibiting discrimination on the basis of disability or handicap.
USF Sarasota-Manatee Campus
8350 North Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34243
- Take 1-75 to University Parkway, Exit 213W.
- Go west on University Parkway for approximately 6.5 miles to US-41 (Tamiami Trail).
- Turn right onto US-41 (Tamiami Trail) and head north for approximately 0.5 mile.
- The Sarasota-Manatee campus will be on your left.
- The Sarasota-Manatee campus of USF is located one mile north of University Parkway in North Sarasota, across the street from the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport
You may use reserved visitor spaces, or if your length of stay will exceed the time
limitations of the visitor space, you may secure a temporary visitor permit from the
Parking Services Department or the receptionist.
Temporary Visitor Permits may be obtained at no charge from USF Department Office Managers, at the USF Parking Services Office or at the Reception Desk. Temporary Visitor Permits may not be used in visitor spaces.
Disabled guests may park in any disabled space on campus with an appropriate state disabled placard/license plate and a valid temporary visitor permit. Both the disabled placard/license plate and USF temporary visitor permit must be visibly displayed.
If you're visiting from out of town, there are a number of convenient hotels located
near our Sarasota-Manatee campus. This is not a comprehensive list, so visitors are
encouraged to search for other hotels near the campus they are visiting.
Many of the hotels listed offer a special USF rate. If you choose one of these hotels, state that you are visiting the University of South Florida to access the special rate. Some also offer free shuttle service to the campus.
Home2 Suites by Hilton Sarasota Bradenton Airport
8260 North Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34243
Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota-Bradenton Airport
8270 N Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, Florida, 34243
Holiday Inn Sarasota - Airport
8009 15th St E
Sarasota, FL 34243
One of the best parts of attending USF’S Sarasota-Manatee campus is our location. Our
friendly campus on scenic Sarasota Bay is just south of the Tampa Bay region and is
renowned for its world-class beaches, abundant nightlife and vibrant arts scene. USF
offers something for everyone, from beach lovers to art aficionados.
Download our Gulf Coast Visitor Guide to make the most of your trip and explore everything our Gulf Coast region has to offer, from sports to nature.