Our Mission Purchasing Services supports the University of South Florida system by providing quality purchasing services that meets or exceeds our customer's expectations and is performed in accordance with applicable Federal regulations, Florida State statutes, Board of Governors and USF Systems policies and regulations.
We achieve our mission by:
• Providing excellence in customer service
• Processing requisition and issuing purchase orders in a timely manner
• Increasing efficiency of operations • Engaging small, minority-owned, and women-owned vendors
• Pursuing best value sources of supply with cost savings, quality criteria and service levels
• Complying with University and Board of Governors regulations and policies, statutory requirements of the State of Florida, and standard practices of the State University System Purchasing Services is comprised of Purchasing Operations, PCard Services and Central Receiving
Purchasing at USF is a decentralized process. Individual departments are responsible for following procedure and adhering to the rules, regulations and policies for sourcing and selecting goods and services. Purchasing Services provides training, on-line manuals, resources and guidance that the departments can utilize for this purpose. Purchasing Services reviews purchases for compliance, risk assessment and appropriate of purchase. Purchasing Services oversees Central Receiving, assists with public bids, administers the USF Procurement Card (PCard,) Records Retention and maintains a presence for Supplier Diversity and Sustainability.