Reconciler Training Part 6
Part 6: Competitive Quotes | Best Practices | PCard Charge Reconciliation | Travel Purchases
- Items purchased on a PCard should be shipped to the cardholder's USF system address.
- Contact PCard Services if you need permission to ship to a non-USF system address.
- Ask questions when in doubt about a purchase.
- Request a limit increase if the cost of your purchase is higher than your transaction limits.
- Notify PCard Services if you are leaving USF or switching departments.
- The cardholder should immediately stop using the PCard, destroy it, and contact PCard Services in order to complete the Account Closure Form.
- Original copies of your PCard receipts should be retained by your department for 5
- Original copies of PCard receipts paid for using grant funds should be retained for 5 years after the final reporting date of the grant.
- Travel receipts should follow the travel department's receipt retention policy.
- Vendors should not charge your PCard until the item is shipped.
- Contact the vendor with any questions you may have.
PCard Charge Reconciliation
- PCard Transactions
- Must be approved in FAST within 7 business days.
- Once approved, any budget errors should be corrected in order to ensure the transaction posts to the General Ledger in a timely manner.
- Receipts are submitted with the signed monthly Activity Statement.
- Travel Transactions
- Must be associated with an approved Travel Request (TR) number in FAST within 7 business days.
- Once travel has occurred, all charges should be pulled into the Expense Report and submitted to the Travel Department within 30 days of the last day of travel.
- Travel receipts are submitted with PCard receipts and the signed monthly Activity Statement to email@example.com.
Travel Related Information
Travel Charges Not Allowable on PCard
- This applies to both airfare and hotels.
- This applies where self-parking is available.
- For example: Toll device, GPS device, roadside assistance, etc.
- This applies to upgrades beyond economy and coach seating.
This is not an all-inclusive list of prohibited items. Please see the Travel Manual
for further details.
Anytime a personal element is present in business travel a PCard should not be used.