MS in Business Analytics & Information Systems
Graduate admission forms can be obtained online. These forms, in addition to USF's Deferment of Admission Form, Financial Statement Form and Florida Residency Classification Forms can be found at the USF Graduate Admissions site.
Students are admitted to the program for the fall and spring semesters of each year. All Application materials, including completed application form, official transcripts of all previous college work and GMAT or GRE scores, are due no later than the dates listed in the table below.
Program Admission Requirements
Students are admitted to the Master of Science in Business Analytics & Information Systems program based on the evaluation of their application in its entirety, including
- Bachelor's degree with a 3.00 GPA
- GMAT, GRE or other standardized scores for graduate programs (e.g. MCAT, LSAT).
GMAT and GRE testing is back underway in many test centers around the globe. In addition, online testing is available. Please see www.mba.com or www.ets.org for more information on testing options. If a Spring 2021 applicant is unable to test, they may request a waiver and provide a written justification explaining why they are not able to test currently.
- For students with five years or more of relevant full-time work experience in information technology, information systems, business analytics in U.S., the requirement of standardized scores may be waived.
- Students requesting such waivers should provide information justifying such waivers based on the above criteria. Additional documentation may be sought when deemed appropriate by the program.
- Language proficiency scores (for international students only) (e.g. TOEFL with a minimum score of 79) using TOEFL or IELTS or other standardized English tests as accepted by Graduate Admissions.
- Letters of recommendation,
- Statement of purpose, and
- Relevant work experience.
Spring: October 15 for all applications. As spring seats are very limited, please
apply as early as possible.
Fall: the application deadline date for domestic and international applications has
been extended until July 1. The early application deadline is March 1.
Additional information for international students, such as language requirements, tracking an international application, university-wide financial resources for international applicants, issuance of an I-20, and request forms for a USF ID number can be found online from International Services.
Incoming students are expected to have the following as prerequisites:
- One semester of a high-level, object oriented programming language (e.g., C#, C++, Java) or substantial programming experience
- One semester of Information Systems Analysis and Design or equivalent experience
- One semester of Database Systems or equivalent
- a course in statistics
- a course in economics
- a course in financial accounting.
These required prerequisite courses may be taken concurrently with courses in the Master of Science in Business Analytics & Information Systems program. Prerequisite courses do not count toward the 33 credit hours of course requirements.