Summer study abroad programs are designed to provide an intense academic experience while immersing students in the culture of their host country. Led by Muma College of Business faculty, these programs are a great way for students to earn USF credit hours that apply toward business degree programs as well as USF's summer academic requirements.
These programs differ from semester exchange programs in several ways:
- programs are usually short (three to nine weeks) and are only offered during summers,
- typically limited to 10-15 students per trip,
- students are enrolled in at least one (frequently two) rigorous USF business courses during the trip,
- the courses, usually three credit hours each, are taught by USF faculty, often in tandem with instructors from the host nation,
- students are required to attend pre-departure meetings with lead faculty and USF Education Abroad,
- participants are housed in shared, dormitory style accommodations.
Locations, costs, and specific program dates vary year to year.
The student-paid program fee includes USF tuition, emergency medical insurance, accommodations, corporate tours and visits, some cultural excursions, and transportation to and from the airport overseas. Students will be informed of a pre-arranged group flight (the cost of which is not included in the program fee) if they desire to travel with fellow students and faculty from Tampa, but have the option to arrange their own transportation and meet the group at a designated meeting location overseas. The program fee does NOT include meals and students are expected to cover personal expenses.
Understanding that experiencing the culture and having a little bit of fun are part of the program, voluntary evening or weekend outings are offered.
These opportunities vary by location, but include everything from hiking trips that culminate in a refreshing run through a waterfall to excursions to international landmarks such as the medieval astronomical clock located in Prague, Tian An Men Square, or the Panama Canal.
2019 Summer Programs
- USF in London – Take courses in Marketing and Management, economics, and other electives.
- Principles in Management in Panama – Principles of Management, Undergraduate and Graduate Students Welcome
- ESAC in Prague – Take business electives or do an international internship! All majors welcome
- USF in Florence Business – Business Law and Principles of Finance, as well as electives offered
- USFSP Business in Germany – Graduate Students only - GEB 6930: Study Abroad in Germany
- USF Ireland Integrated Business Solutions – Study marketing in Galway, Ireland
- Global Sports Business Italy – introduce the best practices in global sports business
- USF Europe International Accounting - ACG 4931 Special Topics: International Accounting in Europe
- USF Ireland International Marketing - MAR 4156 International Marketing & MAN 4504 Operations Management
- USF Sicily International Entrepreneurship – Undergraduate and Graduate level Entrepreneurship courses
- USF Prague Operation and Supply Chain Management - MAN 4504 Operations and Supply Chain Management