ADJUNCT & AFFILIATED FACULTY
Anderson, Jaimie, MS, CCC-SLP, BC-ANCDS
View Curriculum Vitae
Office: Joy McCann Culverhouse Center for Swallowing Disorders
USF Morsani Center for Advanced Healthcare
13330 USF Laurel Dr.
Tampa, FL 33612
6th floor Rm 6028
** By appointment only**
Jaimie Anderson joined University of South Florida as an Assistant Clinical Instructor in 2022. She is a medical speech-language pathologist (SLP), board certified by the Academy of Neurogenic Communication Disorders (BC-ANCDS), with over eight years of experience across medical settings. She currently evaluates and treats complex multiphase dysphagia, dysphonia, and motor speech disorders at the University of South Florida Joy McCann Culverhouse Center for Swallowing Disorders in Tampa, Florida. Prior to her current position, she worked at Cleveland Clinic Florida and Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood, Florida with a variety of medical conditions in the acute and outpatient settings. She completed her Clinical Fellowship Year and worked six years at UT MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas. She specialized in the functional rehabilitation of speech, language, cognitive, and swallowing disorders in oncology patients, specifically brain tumors. She earned a Master of Science in Communication Science and Disorders at Florida State University. She is the first author on two book chapters outlining rehabilitation of speech and swallowing in patients with skull-based tumors. She is certified in Lee Silverman Voice Treatment and McNeil Dysphagia Therapy Program, as well as trained in Modified Barium Swallowing Impairment (MBSImP).
|Master of Science, Communication Science and Disorders||Florida State University||2013|
|Bachelor of Science, Communication Science and Disorders||Florida State University||2011|
- SPA 6505 | Speech-Language Pathology Practicum
- SPA 6102 | Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Practicum
Recent Scholarly Activity
- Payne, J. & Wood, C. College Students’ Perceptions of Attributes Associated with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Communication Disorders Quarterly, 2016, 37(2), 77-87.
- Payne, J., Barringer, D., & Lewin, J. Rehabilitation of Speech and Swallowing Patients with Tumors of the Skull Base, Comprehensive Management of Skull Base, 2nd Edition, New York, New York, Thieme, 2021, In Press.
- Anderson, J., McMillan, H., Su, S., & Hutcheson, K. Supportive Care for Patients with Sinonasal and Skull Base Tumors, Sinonasal and Skull Base Malignancies, Springer, In Press.
- “Evaluation and Rehabilitation of Speech, Language, Cognition, and Swallowing in Patients with Brain Tumors.” American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, On-line Oncology Symposium, 2019 and 2020.
- “Cognitive Deficits in Cancer Patients.” 2nd UT MD Anderson Cancer Center / TIRR Memorial Hermann Cancer Symposium: Shifting Paradigms in Cancer Rehabilitation. Houston, TX, 2019
- “Dysphagia in Patients with Skull Based Tumors.” University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Brain and Spine Center, Annual Kempfer Functional Neuroanatomy Seminar. Houston, TX, 02/2014 & 02/2015