Madsen, Keri, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
Office: MHA 128
Keri Madsen is a visiting instructor in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders for the Sarasota-Manatee campus. She joined USF in 2016 as an assistant research professor and has served as coordinator for two large federally-funded research projects in the Child Language Intervention Laboratory. Prior to joining USF, Dr. Madsen was a curriculum writer and research coordinator at the University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston. Her research has centered on designing, developing, and evaluating early literacy interventions for students at-risk-for or experiencing reading difficulties. Dr. Madsen has additional interests in teacher knowledge related to literacy instruction and the potential role speech-language pathologists may have in helping teachers improve this knowledge. Prior to completing her Ph.D. in Special Education at the University of Florida, Dr. Madsen served for eight years as a speech-language pathologist, reading teacher, and literacy coach in Florida public schools, working with elementary and secondary students with a variety of speech, language, and learning needs.
|Ph.D Special Education||University of Florida||2014|
|Ed.S. Curriculum and Instruction||University of Florida||2007|
|M.S. Speech-Language Pathology||University of South Florida||2002|
|B.S. Communication Sciences and Disorders||East Carolina University||1997|
- Diagnostics Principles and Practices
- Ethical Practice Issues in CSD
- Advanced Clinical Phonology
- Research in Community Settings
- Intervention for Language and Learning Disabilities
- Reading in the Intermediate Grades
- Kelley, E. S., Barker, R. M., Peters-Sanders, L., Madsen. K., Seven, Y., Soto., X., Olsen, W., & Goldstein, H. (in press). Feasible Implementation Strategies for Improving Vocabulary Knowledge of High-Risk Preschoolers: Results from a Cluster-Randomized Trial. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research.
- Soto, X., Seven, Y., McKenna, M., Madsen, K., Peters-Sanders, L., Spencer, E. S., & Goldstein, H. (2020). Iterative Development of a Home Review Program to Promote Preschoolers' Vocabulary Skills: Social Validity and Learning Outcomes. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in the Schools, 51(2), 371-389. https://doi.org/10.1044/2019_LSHSS-19-00011
- Seven, Y., Hull, K., Madsen, K., Ferron, J., Peters-Sanders, L., Soto, X., … Goldstein, H. (2020). Classwide extensions of vocabulary intervention improve learning of academic vocabulary by preschoolers. Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research. https://doi.org/10.1044/2019_JSLHR-19-00052
- Peters-Sanders, L. A. Kelley, E. S., Haring Biel, C., Madsen, K. M., Soto, X. T., Seven, Y., … Goldstein, H. (2020). Moving forward, four words at a time: Effects of a supplement preschool vocabulary intervention.Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in the Schools, 51(1), 165-175. https://doi.org/10.1044/2019_LSHSS-19-00029
- Denton, C. A., & Madsen, K. M. (2016). Word Reading Interventions for Students with Reading Difficulties and Disabilities.In R. Schiff & R. M. Joshi (Eds.), Interventions in Learning Disabilities: A handbook on systematic training programs for individuals with learning disabilities (pp. 29-45). Switzerland: Springer International Publishing.