McKeever, Lauren, M.S., CCC-SLP
Primary Advisor: Dr. Howard Goldstein
Lauren received her Master of Science in Speech and Hearing Science from Tennessee State University. She is a PhD student and a recipient of the McKnight Doctoral Fellowship. Her research interest lies in the area of language development and literacy. She strives to bridge the gap between research and practice to enhance the instructional practices of early childhood educators’ targeting emergent literacy skills in children.
|M.S. (Speech and Hearing Science)||Tennessee State University||2019|
|B.A. (Communication Sciences and Disorders)||University of South Florida||2016|
- IDS 2600 | Research in Community Settings (Fall 2020, Spring 2021)
Recent Scholarly Activity
- McKeever, L. (2021, February). Dismantling alphabet knowledge misconceptions. Presentation for UncomfortableX LLC, webinar. 1 BACB Ethics CE.
- McKeever, L., (2020, February). Back to the Basics: Letter-Sound Instruction Effects on Early Literacy, presented at the 2020 McKnight Mid-Year Research and Writing Conference, Tampa, FL.
- McKeever, L. (2019, April). Improving Quality Assurance to Increase Client Satisfaction, presented at the 41st Annual Tennessee State University Research Symposium, Nashville, TN.
- Johnson Arnold, I., McDonald, B., McKeever, L., Colwell, J., and Davis, B., (2018, April). A Road Map to Providing Accent Modification Services, Academically Speaking, presented at the National Black Association of Speech Language and Hearing Annual Convention, Washington, D.C.
- Johnson Arnold, I., McDonald, B., McKeever, L., Colwell, J., and Davis, B., (2018, November). Do Different L1s = Different Levels of Intelligibility, Academically Speaking, presented at the American Speech and Hearing Annual Convention, Boston, MA.