Mikkelson, NATALIE, M.A., CCC-SLP
Natalie Mikkelson is a Visiting Clinical Instructor and Language/Phonology Team Lead in the USF Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Communication Sciences and Disorders from the University of Florida in 2006 and her Master of Arts in Communication Disorders from Louisiana State University in 2010. She has worked with the BayArea Early Steps program both as a contract and internal provider since 2010. Natalie has been employed at USF since 2014, previously working in the Department of Pediatrics as a Speech-Language Pathologist/Early Interventionist with the Bay Area Early Steps program. In this role, Natalie participated in developmental evaluations, and provided natural environment-based treatment of speech, language and feeding/swallowing disorders. She also served as a peer mentor to other Early Steps therapists.Natalie’s areas of interest are in the use of routines-based intervention and caregiver coaching in the birth-3 population.
|Master of Arts, Communication Disorders||Louisiana State University||2010|
|Bacherlor of Arts, Communication Sciences and Disorders||University of Florida||2006|
- SPA6511| Family Centered Intervention
- SPA6505| Advanced Practicum
- SPA6505| Clinic III Language/Phonology
- SPA6505| Clinic II Language/Phonology
- Mikkelson, N., (2020). “All You Do Is Play”: Facilitating Play Skills to Enhance Assessment and Intervention. American Speech, Language, Hearing Association National Convention (Convention Cancelled).
- Mikkelson, N., Anthony, T., Gorajec, K. (2020). From Point A to Gen Z: Reframing Perspectives and Discovering Solutions for Effective Clinical Instruction. American Speech, Language, Hearing Association National Convention (Convention Cancelled).
- Mikkelson, N., Groh, N., Shaffer-Hudkins, E.J. (2019). Coaching Caregivers to Enhance Toddlers’ Communication in Classroom Settings.Presented at the American Speech, Language, Hearing Association National Convention November 22, 2019
- Shaffer-Hudkins, E.J., Silva, D., Carlton, C., Lilly, C., Mikkelson, N.(2019). A Multidisciplinary Approach to Early Intervention Service Delivery: Insights from One Local EI Team. Presented at the American Speech, Language, Hearing Association National Convention November 21, 2019.
- Mikkelson,N.,Groh, N., Shaffer-Hudkins, E.J. (2018). Coaching Caregivers to Enhance Toddlers’ Communication in Classroom Settings. Presented at the American Speech, Language, Hearing Association National Convention November 16, 2018
- Mikkelson,N., Williams, J., Thomas, R. (2018).“That Just Won’t Work for My Child”: Overcoming Barriers to Coaching Caregivers. Presented at the Early Childhood Council of Hillsborough County Annual Convention on June 28, 2018 and One Goal Summer Conference July 20, 2018
- Mikkelson,N.,Hangauer, J. (2017).Maximizing Outcomes in Toddlers Through Caregiver Coaching and Routines-Based Intervention. (Invited speaker) Presented at the annual symposium of the Tampa Bay Medical Speech Pathology Association, April 14, 2018