Cybersecurity for 7th-12th Grade Students and Parents
New technologies have changed nearly every aspect of adolescence, from playing games to interacting with friends to completing schoolwork. Young learners and their parents must understand how to protect themselves and their data as they share information and navigate an ever-changing digital world.
USF’s five-hour course delivers vital cybersecurity concepts in an engaging format that is accessible for both adolescents and adults. Designed for students in 7th through 12th grade and their families, the course identifies important cyber hygiene practices for anyone using the internet or securing information online.
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
- Students in 7th through 12th grade
- Parents of students in 7th through 12th grade
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Each of the five modules contains interactive content, videos and quizzes to ensure participants complete the course with a firm understanding of fundamental cybersecurity concepts. While the content itself can be completed within three to five hours, participants are given a period of 30 days so they can finish the course according to their own schedule.
By enrolling in this course, you will:
- Better understand how to keep your whole family safe online.
- Learn to create stronger passwords to secure your information.
- Be able to identify and protect yourself from social engineering tactics.
- Become proficient in identifying and avoiding malware.
- Be able to implement best cyber hygiene practices in your home immediately.
WHAT YOU WILL EARN
Upon completion, a digital badge is awarded to enhance resumes and professional social media profiles.
WHY CHOOSE USF’S CYBERSECURITY COURSE?
- Earn a credential backed by a major research university
- Register on an open-enrollment basis — no application required
- Learn at your own pace in a convenient online format
- Online course