Master of Arts in Teaching
Offered on USF's Tampa campus
The Masters of Arts in Teaching (MAT) in Exceptional Student Education is designed for individuals who earned a bachelor's degree in a field outside of education and who do not already hold a professional teaching certificate. On completion of the program, students earn a master's degree and are eligible to apply for a initial teaching certificate in the state of Florida.
The MAT in Exceptional Student Education helps students fulfill requirements to receive a state of Florida teacher certification in Exceptional Student Education (ESE). It also leads to endorsements in both ESOL and Reading, ensuring graduates are highly qualified to enter the teaching field.
- Participate in field experiences in Pre-K–12 classrooms while enrolled in core courses
- Receive on-site, one-on-one mentorship from master teachers within local school districts
- Complete an action research project that teaches you how to improve your classroom practice and develop self-efficacy
- Serve in a paid paraprofessional position within local school districts (includes benefits and counts as required field experience)
- Eligibility for financial assistance, such as the TEACH Grant and USF's Laurie Ann Richardson Scholarship.
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
For more information about the MAT in Exceptional Student Education, please contact us.