Successful Transition After Graduation For Exceptional Students (STAGES) is a School District of Hillsborough County Transition Program located at the USF College of Education that provides training and support to young adults with disabilities. STAGES, in partnership with Exceptional Student Education, offers each student an opportunity to experience college life, explore career options, utilize public transportation, learn self-advocacy skills, interact with age appropriate peers, and reach their potential as an independent member of the community.
As a leader in transition programs for exceptional students, STAGES is becoming a model for school district-university collaboration. STAGES students participate in college activities, utilize public transportation, are competitively employed and are developing lifetime friendships.
To fulfill its vision, STAGES is committed to:
- Offer internships and job training
- Collaborate with university personnel to facilitate maximum participation by STAGES students
- Continue a collaborative relationship with Hartline and offer individualized travel training
- Develop collaborative relationships with agencies, businesses and corporations to meet transitional needs
- Teach, support and monitor life skills
- Collaborate with USF development personnel to maximize fund raising opportunities
Tchecoy Blount, Sr.
Transition Facilitator at USF
Phone: (813) 974-3632