Classified as Carnegie Community Engaged University, USF defines Community Engagement as a collaboration between institutions of higher education and their larger communities (local, regional/state, national, global) for the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources in a context of partnership and reciprocity. In our pursuit of excellence, we seek to work with the community along a continuum of engagement experiences that meet our partners where they are to move them closer to their goals and realizing their vision.
The community engagement office provides a variety of services, delivered through workshops, conferences, scholarly resources, off-campus events, one-on-one consultations, and digital media.
For faculty, we can:
- Provide you with resources for developing community engaged research and creative activities.
- Assist you in developing community engaged teaching and learning, e.g., service-learning courses.
- Help you find potential community partners and develop mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Support your community engaged research and teaching through our grant programs and grant search and proposal development services.
- Provide you with resources for developing your Tenure & Promotion portfolio that incorporates your community engaged scholarship activities.
- Assist you in linking your program evaluation and assessment expertise with community organizations.
For the community, we can:
- Connect you to USF resources, including faculty experts, service-learning students, and program evaluation and assessment.