Pathway to Computing Graduate Certificate
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers the fully online Pathway to computer graduate certificate program as a bridge to the Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) at USF. This program also provides a pathway to a computing career for college graduates with a degree in non-computing disciplines who want a new skill set that they can immediately use professionally.
Certificate graduates are well positioned to transition their career to computing and earn an advanced academic credential in computing. Students who successfully complete the online certificate program gain priority admission into USF’s MSCS program with no GRE required, and the Artificial Intelligence graduate certificate.
Part of a National Effort
USF is a member of the MSCS Pathways to Computing Consortium, a national effort with the mission of designing and implementing programs that enable individuals from diverse academic backgrounds to obtain a Master of Science in computing disciplines and to pursue a career in tech. Consortium members join efforts in outreach and fund raising, providing scholarship opportunities to eligible students.
Who Should Apply to this Online Certificate?
The Pathway to Computing is an online certificate that is open to any graduate from a regionally accredited institution, on any career path with a degree in any major:
- No prior experience or knowledge of computing required.
- No coding background required.
- Designed for non-CS students preparing for graduate school programs focused on computer science.
- Ideal for non-computing college graduates seeking a pathway to a computing career.
- Ideal for degreed professionals in any field seeking to transition to a career in computing.
As part of USF’s commitment to expanding the role of women in STEM careers, women are strongly urged to apply. Learn more about USF’s application process for graduate certificates. If you are a current USF graduate student and interested in earning this certificate, be sure to follow these steps to apply.
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 1
Pathway to Computing Format and Courses
The Pathway to Computing features asynchronous online courses that are ideal for busy professionals who cannot attend on campus or attend set class times. The graduate certificate provides a pathway to a computing career after successful completion of 15 course credit hours:
- Computing Essentials (2 credit hour)
- Discrete Structures Essentials (2 credit hours)
- Data Structures Essentials (2 credit hours)
- C Programming Essentials (2 credit hours)
- Object-Oriented Programming Essentials (2 credit hours)
- Algorithms Essentials (2 credit hours)
- Computer Systems Essentials (2 credit hours)
- Networks Essentials (1 credit hours)
Please see catalogue for more information.
Pathway to Computing Course Progression
Admission and Financial Aid
We designed this graduate certificate to be accessible and affordable to applicants from a broad array of academic backgrounds. We offer low tuition rates, and scholarships are available. Plus, lengthy applications and GRE scores are not required for admission.
For information on how to apply to the graduate certificate program, and admission requirements, please visit here.
Contact us: email@example.com