Pathway to Computing Certificate
PATHWAY TO COMPUTING GRADUATE CERTIFICATE
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers the fully online Pathway to Computing graduate certificate program as a bridge to the Master of Science in Computer Science (MSCS) at USF. This program also provides a pathway to a computing career for college graduates with a degree in non-computing disciplines who want a new skill set that they can immediately use professionally.
Certificate graduates are well positioned to transition their career to computing and earn an advanced academic credential in computing. Qualified students who successfully complete the online certificate program gain guaranteed entry into USF’s MSCS program, with no GRE required.
Who Should Apply to this Online Certificate?
The Pathway to Computing is an online certificate that is open to any graduate from a regionally accredited institution, on any career path with a degree in any major:
- No prior experience or knowledge of computing required.
- No coding background required.
- Designed for non-CS students preparing for graduate school programs focused on computer science.
- Ideal for non-computingcollege graduates seeking a pathway to a computing career.
- Ideal for degreed professionals in any field seeking to transition to a career in computing.
As part of USF’s commitment to expanding the role of women in STEM careers, women are strongly urged to apply. Learn more about USF’s application process for graduate certificates.
- Fall: August 1
- Spring: December 1
Pathway to Computing Format and Courses
The Pathway to Computing features asynchronous online courses that are ideal for busy professionals who cannot attend on campus or attend set class times. The graduate certificate provides a pathway to a computing career after successful completion of 15 course credit hours:
- Computing Essentials (2 credit hour)
- Discrete Structures Essentials (2 credit hours)
- Data Structures Essentials (2 credit hours)
- C Programming Essentials (2 credit hours)
- Object-Oriented Programming Essentials (2 credit hours)
- Algorithms Essentials (2 credit hours)
- Computer Systems Essentials (2 credit hours)
- Networks Essentials (1 credit hours)
Admission and Financial Aid
We designed this graduate certificate to be accessible and affordable to applicants from a broad array of academic backgrounds. We offer low tuition rates, and scholarships are available. Plus, lengthy applications and GRE scores are not required for admittance.
For information on how to apply to the graduate certificate program, and admission requirements, please visit here.