Transient study refers to any approved enrollment option in which some or all classes are at another Florida public school.
Financial aid for transient study is limited to Florida Bright Futures, Pell Grant and loans. If you are not eligible for Bright Futures you must meet one of the following conditions:
- the course(s) are part of a partnership between USF and a state university/college; or
- there are no seats available at USF for a course that is required to stay on track for graduation; or the course is not offered at USF and if not taken that semester, your graduation will be delayed.
Note: You are responsible for meeting all registration and fee payment deadlines at the host school. The host school is not required to offer you a tuition deferment.
Financial Aid for Transient Study:
- To receive financial aid for transient study, you must be enrolled at least half-time. This can be a combination of credit hours enrolled at USF and the host school.
- Financial aid will not pay until after your classes begin at the host school and the electronic verification of enrollment is received.
- Financial aid pays through your USF student account according to USF's payment schedule
- Sign up for e-Deposit in OASIS to easily access your funds once your enrollment is verified ·
- You must meet transient study requirements