USF Pre-College Launches 2016 Summer Programs for TeensNew Courses Available in Cyber Defense, Solar Cells and Mental Health
TAMPA, FLA. – For the fifth year, USF Pre-College invites high school students from throughout the country and around the world to experience a first taste of college life through its innovative summer programs. Teens will gain new perspectives on academic goals and abilities, learn from exceptional USF faculty, build the foundation and confidence to prepare for a successful transition to college, and forge friendships that will last a lifetime.
Featuring an array of engaging and challenging programs, USF Pre-College offers students a variety of opportunities ranging from four days to four weeks. During residential programs, students reside on campus in USF Tampa residence halls, while convenient commuter-based programs enable participants to take advantage of a pre-college program while living at home.
Available 2016 programs include:
- Biomedical Engineering: July 11-14 (commuter) and July 17-21 (residential)
- Cyber Defense Boot Camp: July 25-29 *NEW*
- Film Making: Script to Screen: July 24-30
- MAKE Solar Cells: June 20-24 *NEW*
- STEM Academy: Science & Medicine: June 19-24
- STEM for Scholars: July 6-29, 2016
- 2-1-1 Tampa Bay: Mental Health, Substance Abuse and the Law: July 11-15 *NEW*
- Write Now: USF's Young Writers Workshop: June 27-July 1
Explore all of the offerings for program descriptions, admission requirements and cost to attend. A 10 percent discount is available for children of USF alumni, faculty and staff. To obtain your discount code, email our pre-college advisor Ann Sutton.