Dear University Community,
At today’s Presidential Forum, I spoke with you about our ongoing process of strategic realignment to position the University of South Florida for the future.
Our process is guided by our shared Principles of Community, which include an affirmation of individual and collective excellence along with a commitment to ensure that every member of our community has the chance to succeed.
USF faculty and staff – as the university’s greatest asset – exemplify our standard of excellence. You are critical to our academic mission and institutional aspirations. As such, it’s important that USF’s systems of recognition and compensation be reviewed in terms of fairness and equity.
To this end, I have asked members from across the university to form a task force focused on salary equity at USF. The task force – which includes representatives from all of our campuses – will lead an analysis of salaries with the goal of revealing disparities based on gender, race or other factors impacting equity. The work of the task force will begin with an analysis of staff salaries after which options will be considered for a review of faculty and administration salary equity.
Members of the task force are:
- Co-Chair Noreen Segrest, Vice President & Chief Operations Officer Advancement Services, USF Foundation
- Co-Chair Angela Sklenka, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Eddie Beauchamp, Regional Vice Chancellor for Business and Finance, USF Sarasota-Manatee campus
- Camille Blake, Director of Equal Opportunity and Compliance- Diversity, Inclusion & Equal Opportunity
- Roberta Collins, Administrative Staff Council andDirector of Research, Innovation & Scholarly Endeavors, USF Health
- David Everingham, Regional Associate Vice Chancellor for Administration & Finance, USF St. Petersburg campus
- Valeria Garcia, Associate Vice President, Office of Decision Support
- Luisette (Liz) Gierbolini, Senior Associate General Counsel
- Elizabeth Hordge-Freeman, Senior Advisor to the President and Provost for Diversity and Inclusion and Associate Professor of Sociology
- Jennifer Johnson, Manager of Fiscal and Business Administration, Department of Psychology
- Cathy Lynch, Associate Vice President of Faculty Development and Women’s Health, USF Health
- Michelle McNulty, co-chair of the USF Black Employee Steering Committee’s Human Resources and Hiring sub-committee and Assistant Director of New Student Connections
- Jennifer Paulsen, Associate Vice President and Deputy Chief Information Officer, Information Technology
- Kym Sellers, Staff Senate Vice President and Administrative Specialist, Taneja College of Pharmacy
- Naomi Thomsen, Assistant Director, Classification and Compensation, Human Resources
As part of USF’s plan for strategic realignment, the work of this task force will support USF’s ability to attract and retain top talent to support our mission of academic excellence and student success.
Thank you again for your partnership in this process and for all that you do to support USF.