New Student Checklist - Transfer Students
Summer 2019 Admitted Transfer Student Checklist
If you haven’t already, activate your NetID and check your USF email address regularly. Your USF email is used by all university offices for all official communication.
Please take a moment to update your contact information to ensure that you receive critical information from USF.
Sign in to myUSF and navigate to OASIS (Online Access Student Information System)
Navigate to “Personal Information”
Verify that your address, telephone number and email addresses are current
Check your residency status to ensure you are charged the correct tuition rate.
Confirm your status is accurate to ensure you will be charged in-state or out-of-state tuition.
- Sign in to myUSF and navigate to OASIS (Online Access Student Information System)
- Navigate to “Personal Information”
- Confirm that your residency status is correct by reviewing our Residency Information for Freshmen (See the items you can provide to show proof of residency and what qualifies you as a resident)
- If your residency status is wrong, email your admissions recruiter or call 813-974-3350
Need financial aid? You will need to submit your Federal Application for Free Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for all financial aid and scholarships. Since you have been admitted for the Summer 2019 term, you will need to complete two FAFSAs:
- To receive aid for the Summer 2019 semester, complete the 2018-19 FAFSA
- To receive aid for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020, complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA
Remember to submit your FAFSA before the January 1 priority deadline to be considered for the most types of aid possible.
Check out additional scholarship opportunities offered by USF. To be considered for the most aid possible, submit your scholarship application before February 1.
We need to receive your immunization records and medical history before you can register for orientation, select campus housing and register for courses. A guardian’s signature must be included if you are under 17 years of age.
Check the USF Applicant Portal to determine which records are on file
Make an appointment with your primary care physician
Complete any pending items and tasks:
a. Upload missing Immunization Records to the Applicant Portal
b. Verify in the Applicant Portal that documents have been received and holds have been cleared
c. Allow 3-7 days for processing of pending items
Course registration can only occur once all tasks are completed
Orientation is your opportunity to experience what it’s like to be a USF student, both inside and outside of the classroom. Registration opens in March and attendance is required.
Be sure to select your room from mid-March through June 1. After June 1, the Housing & Residential Education team will provide the best available option based on your room preferences.
- You must have completed your housing application and registered for orientation to receive a housing assignment
Once you receive your final transcripts, please submit them to the Office of Admissions. You must submit these documents before the end of your first semester.
Meet your new classmates before setting foot on campus!
- Search Facebook for the USF Class of page that matches your anticipated date of graduation
- Connect with peers who have similar interests through New Student Connections