Start a New Student Organization
If you are not finding a student organization that fits your interests, you can start a brand new organization. Any student can start a new student organization at any time. Below are the steps to start a new student organization.
- Find at least 10 student members with a President and Tresurer and an advisor for
- Note: The advisor must be a full-time USF faculty/staff member or a graduate assistant advising as part of their job duties.
- The advisor will need to fill out the Advisor Approval Form prior to you submitting the New Student Organization Registration.
- A constitution (you will submit this in the registration form). Organizations are
strongly encouraged to use the Constitution Template. Click here for the constitution template. Click here for the constitution guidelines.
- Note: Organizations affiliated with an external organization must submit a letter of affiliation with their constitution from the external affiliate authorizing their organization to form a chapter at USF.
- Attend a New Student Organization meeting prior to submitting the registration. Dates
and times of these meetings are posted on BullSync under the Student Organizations
portal in events.
- Note: This 1 hour, in-person meeting will cover all of the basics of being an organization at USF including annual re-registration, room reservations, marketing, and more!
To access the New Student Organization Registration form, go to BullSync -> Student Organizations -> Register an Organization -> Register a New Organization -> Student Organizations
If you have additional questions about starting a new student organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.