Start a New Student Organization
If you are not finding a student organization that fits your interests, you can start a brand new organization. Any student can start a new student organization at any time. Below are the steps to start a new student organization.
- Find at least 10 student members and an advisor for the organization.
- Note: The advisor must be a full-time USF faculty/staff member or a graduate assistant advising as part of their job duties.
- Fill out the Organization Registration form on BullSync. Click the green "Register New Organization" button on the right side of the page.
- Email your organization's constitution to firstname.lastname@example.org . Organizations are strongly encouraged to use the Constitution Template.
- Note: Organizations affiliated with an external organization must submit a letter of affiliation with their constitution from the external affiliate authorizing their organization to form a chapter at USF.
- Attend a New Student Organization meeting. Dates and times of these meetings are posted
on BullSync, and will be emailed to the organization after the constitution is approved.
- Note: This 1 hour, in-person meeting will cover all of the basics of being an organization at USF including annual re-registration, room reservations, marketing, and more!
If you have additional questions about starting a new student organization, please email email@example.com.