Student Support Services
Eligibility/How to Apply
Student Support Services participants may not meet all university admissions criteria, but their high school records and standardized test scores (SAT or ACT) indicate the potential to succeed in college.
Student Support Services participants must meet all of the following requirements:
1. US citizenship or residency.
2. Enrollment at the grantee institution or accepted for enrollment in the next academic term at that institution.
3. A need for academic support, as determined by the grantee.
4. Low-income and/or first generation status college student (the student's parents did not earn a four year degree).
5. SSS students may have a documented disability.
How to Apply
Freshmen applicants interested in attending Student Support Services should complete/submit the following information to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for consideration:
- An application for admission
- A non-refundable $30 application fee
- An official high school transcript
- Official SAT or ACT scores
- Complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA first, then complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA. Both are available at www.fafsa.ed.gov Select USF as an institution to receive your financial information by entering Federal School Code #001537
- Check your OASIS account regularly
- Print and complete the SSS Eligibility Assessment Form, Major Declaration and College Credit Form and Participation Agreement Form. Obtain copies of your FAFSA Confirmation page and your parent's 2016 tax transcript or 1040 (to request the tax transcript visit www.irs.gov). Write the student's name and USF U# at the top of each page. You may submit these documents via email at UGS-AskSSS@usf.edu or fax to (813) 974-8208, or mail to:
Tampa, FL 33620 Please submit all four (4) items within two weeks because SSS is limited to the first 100 eligible applicants who meet all requirements.