The master's degree in cybersecurity with a concentration in information assurance provides you with a core foundation of knowledge and applied expertise in information security controls, the regulatory environment, and information risk management and incident response.
Learn how to balance defenses and risks to secure the integrity of information in storage; ensure its accessibility to authorized personnel and inaccessibility to unauthorized personnel; and maintain the confidentiality of an organization or agency's sensitive, identifying and personal data.
This concentration requires four core courses, plus five concentration courses, and one practicum course. For a full list of courses, view the Graduate Catalog. View the cybersecurity application deadlines.
Please note that you are required to participate in a three-credit-hour practicum experience as part of this program. This provides an opportunity for you to gain valuable practical experience in the industry while working toward your degree.
Required Core Courses (12 Credit Hours)
- Special Topics: Data Networks, Systems and Securities (3)
- Special Topics: Applied Cryptography (3)
- Basics of Information Security and Risk Management (3)
- Decision Processes for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (3)
Concentration Courses (12 Credit Hours)
Choose four out of the following concentration courses.
- Advanced Systems Analysis and Design (3)
- Advanced Database Management (3)
- Risk Management and Legal Compliance (3)
- Accounting Systems Audit, Control and Security (3)
- Statistical Data Mining (3)
Elective Courses (3 Credit Hours)
Choose one of the following elective courses:
- Seminar on Software Testing (3)
- Project Management (3)
- Forensics Accounting and the Legal Environment (3)
- Any elective pre-approved by the program director of the Muma College of Business information assurance concentration.
Practicum (3 Credit Hours)
- Independent Study (3)
Please note that you are required to submit an electronic portfolio demonstrating completion of core program competencies in cybersecurity and in the area of concentration.
View application deadlines and start dates for this degree program.