Financial Aid Terms and Conditions
2018-19 Financial Aid Terms and Conditions
Your financial aid award offer is based on full-time enrollment and reflects your eligibility based on your grade level, residency status and other program specific criteria at the time of the award offer. If you enroll less than full time, your budget will be reduced to reflect your enrollment status and award amounts adjusted accordingly. Your award amounts may be revised starting 30 days prior to the start of each semester, based on your credit hour enrollment and the length of your courses.
NOTE: If you received an aid offer after these adjustments started in a given semester, your budget and award amounts may already reflect your enrollment.
If you do not enroll in the fall semester, your initial offer is void and you will be re-awarded if you enroll in the spring. This may result in a loss of previously awarded aid funds.
Your eligibility for financial aid funds requires you to satisfy the following terms and conditions:
- Enroll as a degree seeking student.
- Meet the specific enrollment requirements and academic requirements to receive funds for each financial aid program you have been awarded. More information about the requirements for your specific awards is available in OASIS after you accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Report funds you expect to receive from sources not shown on your award notice to minimize delay in your aid being paid. Examples of such sources include tuition waivers, fellowships, scholarships, veteran's benefits, or vocational rehabilitation benefits. Notify us immediately via OASIS. Choose 'Financial Aid,' then 'My Award & Loan Information,' then 'Resources/Additional Information' tab. Enter the resource information and submit. Your financial aid offer may need to be reduced and aid repaid.
- Attend class. Attendance is required to receive financial aid (including student loans). If you drop some classes, stop attending all classes, or totally withdraw you may be required to immediately repay some financial aid (including student loans).
- Check your financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status each semester in OASIS. Under the Financial Aid tab, click 'My Award and Loan Information'. Your SAP status each semester must be eligible at your degree level in order to receive funds from most financial aid programs.
- Check OASIS each semester to see that you have satisfied all requirements to receive financial aid. Choose 'Financial Aid,' then 'My Requirements, Bookstore Authorizations and Deferments.'
- Verification must be completed and your FAFSA information updated (if required) before your aid can pay. If you do not complete verification promptly when requested, aid previously offered may be cancelled.