What We Do
Make an Appointment
Making your first appointment at the USF Counseling Center is easy!
- Make sure you are a currently enrolled student at the USF Tampa Campus and you have a student ID.
- Call or stop by the Counseling Center (SVC 2124, 813-974-2831) during office hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 8 am - 6 pm
Tuesday 8 am - 7 pm
Friday 8 am - 5 pm
- Note: The Counseling Center hours will be Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm
the weeks of March 12 - March 16, 2018 and May 7 - May 11, 2018
- The Counseling Center now offers evening appointments at Student Health Services (SHS)- Monday - Thursday 5-8 pm and the FIT Monday - Thursday 4 - 8 pm.
- We will give you options for first appointment days and times and you will choose the one that works best for you.
- If you have an urgent need, brief urgent appointments are available upon request.
- Urgent appointments are intended to identify your most pressing concern, discuss any risk or safety factors, provide you with some problem solving suggestions, and create a plan for future follow-up.
- For best results, make an appointment to get started in counseling early in the semester and think about the specific goals you want to accomplish in counseling.
If for any reason you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, it is very important to call and let us know as soon as possible, as this will allow another student to be seen during that time.
When you come for your first appointment.
- Arrive 30 minutes before you are scheduled to meet the counselor to complete initial
paperwork with your information and concerns.
- It is important that you arrive on time to complete the paperwork, because we want you to be able to start on time with your counselor.
- Please answer all questions as honestly as possible.
- At this time you will also be asked to electronically sign a consent for treatment, a client rights and responsibilities form, and our confidentiality policy.
- During the first appointment, your counselor will gather information to clarify your concerns. Together you will create a mutual goal to work on in counseling. By the end of the appointment, you will be provided with recommendations to meet your individual needs.
- In addition to counseling, we have many programs, including drop-in groups and on-line tools, to help with decreasing stress and anxiety, and to enhance your mood. USF also has many fabulous Health and Wellness campus resources to stay mentally well this semester and we encourage you to use them all!
If you believe that you or someone you know is experiencing a life threatening emergency, call 911.
If you believe that you or someone you know is in crisis (but not life threatening), please call us at 813-974-2831.