Employee Recognition Program
Annual Achievement Award Categories
Student Affairs Annual Achievement Awards are given for the following categories:
Superior Job Performance (one given in this category)
- Administrative/Clerical Support
- Fiscal, Business and Operations Support Services (i.e. SASSC, A&S Budget Office, Events Support, etc.)
- Custodial, Maintenance, Facilities and Grounds Staff
- Paid Student Staff (non-leadership roles that are hired by and report to full-time staff)
- In each category, this person consistently fulfills his/her job responsibilities with the highest levels of expertise, productivity, effectiveness and excellence. His/Her execution is at a superior level and s/he is able to role model the ideal of what it means to serve in that position.
Outstanding Work with Students (up to two awards can be given in this category)
- This person conducts exceptional work with students as an Advisor and Mentor. S/he is able to give adequate time to students and truly assists and empowers students to perform in student leadership roles to the best of their abilities. This person epitomizes exceptional work with students on a daily basis.
Outstanding Graduate Assistant (one given in this category)
- This person exemplifies the ideals of a Graduate Assistant by intentionally learning, developing and becoming a stronger professional through the assistantship experience. S/he makes significant contributions to the work of the department and performs duties at an exceptional level. Beyond completing tasks, this G.A. takes initiative and furthers the work of the department and the Division.
Outstanding Collaborator Award (one given in this category)
- This person ideally models outstanding collaboration. S/he seeks out opportunities to work with others throughout the Division in order to maximize creativity, innovation, resources and positive outcomes. This person demonstrates continuous effort towards bringing our Divisional goals to reality by establishing and nurturing partnerships and by fostering positive working relationships across departments.
Outstanding Innovation Award (one given in this category)
- This person revolutionizes the work that s/he does to an unexpected level in order to create a model for Student Affairs Divisions everywhere. This person is forward thinking, creative and risk-taking which results in redefining the scope and outcome of the work. By challenging traditional notions, this person creates a progressive environment that is inspiring.
Inspiring Learning Award (one given in this category)
- This person significantly contributes to the learning process for students at USF. Through his/her work, students are better able to grow and develop into their best selves and to gain the most from their collegiate experience and higher education.
Changing Lives Award (one given in this category)
- This person works and inspires others toward a bold vision for student success at
USF. Through his/her efforts, the student experience is vastly enhanced and students
are better able to achieve their goals. The impact of this person's work is felt directly
by students and makes a strong positive difference on their lives.