What We Do
CAS Technology supports all goals related to web and general technology needs. We serve as a bridge to USF Information Technology and University Communications and Marketing (UCM). The technology team assists with maintenance of all websites for CAS administration, departments, centers, and institutes. We also provide technical support for the college.
- Keeping your website updated by reviewing and refreshing content each semester, including faculty profiles.
- Training users in Omni CMS and providing monthly workshops for CMS users.
- Applying web standards and best practices, including SEO, accessibility and mobile responsive design.
- Migrating your web content from legacy platforms into Omni CMS.
- Content management including directory structure for your website and managing PDFs and image files.
We will also be opening up consulting services and introducing more workshops.
- Assisting with image sizing for web to fit CMS standards in terms of resolution and file size for visual appeal and ease
- Creating vanity URLs (usf.edu/x) and shortened URLS (usf.to/x) and providing metrics for the end user.
- Providing Google Analytics reports, ADA and Lighthouse testing reports.
- Creating custom web applications for department needs, from basic email submission to database submissions and basic workflows.
- Support for the CAS DO with large-scale projects, such as the most recent 600 desktop machine roll out and
the Apple orders.
- Future proofing the college (e.g. Windows 7 to Windows 10 rollout, Asset Management Tracking, Software purchasing/cost-sharing).
- Working with departments and USF IT AV Team on conference room upgrades as well as CAS computer lab upgrades.
Ordering and deploying machines in order to support our academic units faster, we will be working directly with faculty/staff on their computer needs and also making sure our specs meet the computing requirements of that role.
On and off-boarding support will now also be supported by CAS Technology and will offer a seamless process when it comes to equipment transfers, orders, access to shared email accounts and more.
- Department moves will now be coordinated with either CAS Facilities or the department in order to ensure security and compliance of equipment. We will also work with USF IT Telecom group to keep any Teams Calling/E911 data up to date.