CAFSHC is making a difference right here in Tampa Bay and around the globe through:
- Conducting life-changing research to help understand the effects of hunger and food insecurity.
- Teaching research skills to students, service providers and others interested in performing their own research to advance knowledge and to implement effective programs
- Educating the global community on the diverse face of food insecurity and the long-term intergenerational health issues (increase in disease, cognitive development and learning, non-cognitive workplace deficits).
- Hosting community forums, workshops and symposiums to raise awareness and provide a platform to share ideas and research.
- Working in partnership with Feeding Tampa Bay to address the challenges of food insecure families and individuals in Tampa Bay.
- Transforming communities through policy changes and action plans based on research to end hunger and food insecurity.