- M.S., Anthropology, University of Utah
- B.A., Anthropology, University of California, Davis
Critical approaches to archaeology and heritage studies in the Anthropocene; ethnographic methods in archaeology; community and public archaeology; GIS and geophysics.
- Gatenbee, Amy Spurling (2019). Review of “Purple Hummingbird: A Biography of Elizabeth Crozer Campbell”, by Claude N. Warren and Joan S. Schneider, 2017, University of Utah Press, Salt Lake City. California Archaeology 11(2), in press.
- Gatenbee, Amy Spurling and Kelly R. Beck (2017). Prehistoric Temporary Campsites in the Uinta Basin, Utah. National Register of Historic Places Multiple Property Documentation Form. United States Department of the Interior, National Park Service.
- Louderback, Lisbeth A., Bruce M. Pavlik, Amy M. Spurling. (2013) Ethnographic and Archaeological Evidence Corroborating Yucca as a Food Source, Mojave Desert, USA. Journal of Ethnobiology 33(2): 281-297.
- Tushingham, Shannon, Amy M. Spurling, and Timothy Carpenter. (2012) The Sweetwater Site: Archaeological Recognition of Surf Fishing and Temporary Smelt Camps on the North Coast of California. Journal of California and Great Basin Anthropology 33(1):25-37.
- Eerkens, Jelmer W. and Amy M. Spurling. (2009) Household Archaeology and Obsidian Acquisition in Owens Valley, Southeastern California. Journal of California and Great Basin Anthropology 28(2): 111-126.
- Whitaker, Adrian R., Jelmer W. Eerkens, Amy M. Spurling, Edward Smith, and Michelle A. Gras. (2008) Linguistic Boundaries as Barriers to Exchange. Journal of Archaeological Science 35(4): 1104-1113.
- Eerkens, Jelmer W., Amy M. Spurling, and Michelle A. Gras. (2008) Measuring Prehistoric Mobility Strategies Based on Obsidian Geochemical Signatures in the Owens Valley, California. Journal of Archaeological Science 35(3): 668-680.