Office: SOC 156A
- Ph.D., Anthropology, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- M.A., Anthropology, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- M.P.H., University of Texas School of Public Health
- B.A., Anthropology, Beloit College
My focus at USF was on health policy, infectious disease, and disaster and resilience. During that time, I was the Founding Co-Director of the World Health Organization Collaborating Center, consulted for WHO, PAHO, USAID, the World Bank, and the Canadian Agency for International Development, received National Science Foundation (NSF) research awards, and School for Advanced Research Seminar (SAR) awards. I am currently engaged with the University College London RReal Project, and the AAA Anthropological Responses to Health Emergencies (ARHE). In addition, I was Associate Vice President for Global Strategies, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs and Strategic Initiatives, and Vice Provost. I am a Past President of the Society for Applied Anthropology, and the 2018 recipient of the Sol Tax Award for contributions to Applied Anthropology. My overall research focused on translating anthropological research into global health policies and practices, particularly concerning infectious and contagious water-related diseases, and disasters and health care emergencies.
- Whiteford, L.M. and Branch, L.G., 2008. Primary health care in Cuba: the other revolution. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers.
- Whiteford, L.M. and Trotter II, R.T., 2008. Ethics for anthropological research and practice. Waveland Press.
- Whiteford, L. and Whiteford, S., 2005. Globalization, water & health: resource management in times of scarcity. James Currey Ltd.
- Rylko-Bauer, B., Whiteford, L.M. and Farmer, P. eds., 2009. Global health in times of violence. Santa Fe, NM: School for Advanced Research Press.
Videos and Oral History
- Community Participatory Involvement : A Sustainable Model for Global Public Health
- Looking Back on Fieldwork, Collaborations, and Applied An-thropology: An Interview with Linda M. Whiteford
- Sustainable Water Management in Cities Conference, Zaragoza
- USF Honors Paul Farmer
- Interview with Paul Farmer for the St. Petersburg World Affairs Conference
- St. Pete World Affairs Conference - COVID Opening Message by Dr Linda Whiteford