What is 3D Virtualization?
3D virtualization is the process of creating graphical content using 3D software. 3D surface geometry has propelled research in fields as diverse as mathematics and art; the digital humanities and engineering.
Potential applications of 3D virtualization include the following, among many others:
- Creating digital museum collections & virtual museums
- Scanning buildings, architectural spaces, and landscapes
- Mapping and georeferencing
- Reverse engineering
- Design and prototyping
- Die and mould design or modification
- Forensic analysis
- Digital reconstruction and conservation
- Restoration and preservation of cultural heritage
- Quality control
- Prosthetics, orthopaedics, and plastic surgery