Research and Scholarship FAQs
Large Collaborative/Multi-Investigator/Cross-disciplinary Grants & Large Center Grants
Large Collaborative/Center Grants
Large Collaborative/Multi-Investigator Grants and Large Center Grants often require the insight, perspective, and expertise of multiple collaborating investigators working as a team. Because of the their complexity and depth, these large collaborative grants benefit from early proposal planning & development.
CAS-ORS Coordination of Services
The primary mission of the College of Arts and Sciences Office of Research and Scholarship (CAS-ORS) is to promote and enhance all aspects of research and scholarship activities within the college. With a focus on coordination of large collaborative projects that are multi-investigator/cross-disciplinary, CAS-ORS can assist Multi-PIs throughout the management of these grant proposals.
Note: CAS-ORS coordination and assistance can be initiated through the Large Collaborative Grants and Large Center Grants: ORS Proposal Assistance Request Form.
Early Planning assistance
- Facilitates team meetings
- Connects team members with contacts and/or resources
- Helps to establish timelines
- Reviews/outlines agency guidelines
- Assists with internal & exteral compliance and review processes
proposal development assistance
- Serves as a resource -- anticipates, researches, and answers questions, generated throughout the proposal process
- Promotes discussions that serve to clarify proposal intent, guide reviewers, and propel forward the proposal's content, aims/objectives/rationale, structure, emphasis, connections, impact, and team roles
- Offers assistance, as needed, in constructing an outreach email to the agency program officer, and/or in writing an unsolicited Letter of Interest or a requested Letter of Inquiry
- Provides final draft read-throughs and revision suggestions to strenthen proposal narratives
- Aligns proposal narrative with funding agency's mission guidelines
- Coordinates with Unit Research Administrators who will assist with budget preparation & other pre-award activities