GRAMMY nominated Jazz Professor Chuck Owen is on WUSF Ahead of Sunday’s GRAMMY Awards
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
Chuck Owen, distinguished university professor of jazz studies at the USF School of Music and 2018 GRAMMY nominee, is featured on WUSF in preparation of bringing Tampa Bay representation to the 60th GRAMMY Awards in New York's Madison Square Garden on Sunday.
Owen's Whispers on the Wind has received four GRAMMY nominations since its debut in September 2017.
The album's distinctions include Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album as well as Best Instrumental Composition and Best Instrumental Arrangement for the songs "Warped Cowboy" and "All Hat, No Saddle," respectively. Rounding out the nominations is violinist Sara Caswell with Best Improvised Jazz Solo for her contributions to the song "Can't Remember Why."
Winners will be announced before the televised GRAMMY Awards on Sunday, January 28, 2017.
For more information, see USF Jazz Professor Prepares For The Grammys on WUSF.
- WFLA - Nominated for Four Grammy Awards
- WTSP - USF jazz professor nominated for 4 Grammys
- Tampa Bay Times - With four Grammy nominations, USF jazz professor Chuck Owen hopes for gold
- The Oracle - USF professor nominated for three Grammys
- Tampa Bay Times - USF Jazz Professor Chuck Owen Snags 4 GRAMMY Nominations for New Album
- USF College of The Arts - Chuck Owen and The Jazz Surge Releases New Album
- Chuck Owen – Whispers on the Wind