Schedule An Appointment
Click the appropriate link below to make either a phone appointment (Call 813-974-4290 at your appointment time) or a face-to-face appointment with an Academic Advisor.
The most common reason students meet with an Academic Advisor during peak times is to request a permit for one or more business classes. To avoid long waits in the advising office, you may submit a request for a course permit electronically. Permits are processed all day, everyday, during normal business hours when registration is in session.
Current Advising Schedule
- September 4 through October 18: Appointments only
- October 22 through December 24: Walk-ins Only
- December 10 through December 24: Office closes at 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- January 2, 2019 through January 18: Walk-ins Only (Friday, 1/11/19 open till 5 p.m.)
- Normal Appointment/Walk-in Hours: Monday –Thursday 8:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m. (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. when classes are not in session) ; Fridays 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Walk-ins are always available on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
You do not need to make an appointment online to be seen by an advisor.
If you want to know the estimated wait time for walk-ins, you may call the Muma College of Business phone line at 813-974-4290.
University is Closed
- • Monday, September 3: Labor Day
• Monday, November 12: Veterans Day
• Thursday and Friday, November 22-23: Thanksgiving Holiday
• Tuesday, December 25 through Tuesday, January 1, 2019: Holiday Break
Drop deadline for Summer 2018 classes (to withdraw with a "W"; no refund & no academic penalty)
- Summer A: 6/9/18
- Summer C: 6/29/18
- Summer B: 7/21/18
Graduation application deadline for Fall 2018 - Friday, September 21, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Complete your application online in OASIS (under the student tab). Get more commencement information.
Got a "quick question"?
Contact an Academic Advisor by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, U#, and contact information with your question.
The Advising office is located at BSN 2102.
Muma College of Business
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue, BSN 3403
Tampa, FL 33620-7800
Your opinion is important to us!
Please provide feedback regarding your advising experience and just complete our survey. Thank you!
Other Important Dates
- October 22: Course Permit page opens for degree seeking students
- October 27: Last day to drop with "W" – no refund/no academic penalty
- November 29, 30: Reading days for final exams
- December 1-6: Final Exams – End of Term
- December 7-8: Fall Commencement
- December 25 through January 1, 2019: HOLIDAY BREAK
- Monday, January 7, 2019: Start of Spring 2019 term
- Friday, January 11, 5 p.m.: End of Drop/Add Week
- Monday, January 21: University CLOSED for Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday