Partner With Us!
The CABH online program is looking to partner with public and private non-profit agencies that serve children, adolescents, and their families to offer field experience to our talented students as they complete their Masters program.
Our Community Partners
The University of South Florida CABH Program is pleased to partner with community, youth, and family agencies across the United States and internationally to provide field experience opportunities for our graduate students. Our community partners receive the help of talented graduate students and their academic mentors in support of their agency mission and service delivery goals. By participating as a Field Experience site, our partners help build the quality and diversity of the child and adolescent behavioral health workforce.
About the Field Experience
Students selecting the Applied Track will complete 6 credit hours of field experience. To complete the field experience, students will need to complete 270 hours:
- work at an agency on a behavioral health issue of importance to the agency or community; and,
- submit a project proposal, carry out their project, and develop a final report summarizing their findings.
The student's Academic Advisor and an agency-based Field Supervisor guide student work.
Field experience projects vary considerably by topic, depending upon the agency's needs and the student's interests. For example, a student might:
- Conduct a needs assessment
- Develop social marketing strategies
- Help develop a strategic plan
- Identify appropriate evidence-based practices
- Support program development and implementation
- Conduct community-based research and evaluation
- And many other possibilities..
Testimonials: Learn what students and employers are saying about their practicum experiences.