Welcome families, friends and guests!
We know this is an exciting time for you and your graduate of the University of South Florida. To help you prepare for your ceremony experience, please review the following information.
Directions & Parking
For GPS please use the physical address of the Yuengling Center: 12499 USF Bull Run Drive, Tampa, FL 33617. There is no cost for parking and parking permits are not required during Commencement ceremonies.
Bull Runner shuttles are provided for guests that are NOT parked in Lots 22D, 22E,
22F, and 18.
Ceremonies are held at the Yuengling Center on the Tampa campus. Doors open 60 minutes prior to the start of each undergraduate and master's ceremony and 90 minutes prior to the start of each doctoral ceremony. All persons entering the Yuengling Center, including graduates, are subject to bag check and metal detector screening. Seating is first come, first served and no tickets are required. Seat saving is not allowed.
Commencement is a dignified event, fitting for the accomplishment your student has achieved. The following items that would impact the ceremony experience for other families, friends and guests are prohibited: any noisemakers, wrapped gifts, balloons, large signs, etc. The Yuengling Center's arena guide has additional information. The suggested dress code for guests is business casual.
- Graduates will have formal photos taken after they cross the stage by GradImages; graduates will be emailed proofs a few days after Commencement which are available for purchase.
- Each undergraduate and master's ceremony will last approximately 90 minutes. Doctoral ceremonies are approximately 2 hours. Graduates are not allowed to leave early and for the consideration of others, we ask that guests stay the entire duration, as well.
- Once the ceremony has concluded all graduates will be directed out of the Yuengling Center through the Corral the same way they entered the building—to make for an easier reunification process.
- Academic regalia is required to participate in Commencement. Formal military uniforms may be worn in lieu of academic regalia.
- Every graduate and guest will be able to access the online commencement program via QR codes throughout the venue.
- Our ceremonies will be livestreamed from the university’s YouTube channel. Students must attend the ceremony in order for their name to be announced.
There is no pre-assigned seating for guests with disabilities as our venue has ample
accommodations available. Wheelchair seating is available and these spaces are given
on a first come, first served basis. Please be aware that the Yuengling Center does
not have wheelchairs or other equipment to loan or rent.
Section 113 is reserved for guests who are deaf or hard of hearing as this section provides a clear view to the ASL interpreters in front of the stage. Please note that section 113 is reserved only for the first 30 minutes after doors have opened—once 30 minutes has elapsed the section is open for general admission. There will also be a link to live captioning on the USF Commencement Program webpage.
For more information about the Yuengling Center accessibility, please visit the Yuengling Center website.