Leadership and Management
Emotional Intelligence and Leadership for Engineers
Do you want to move towards a leadership role in engineering? This workshop is designed
for aspiring leaders who want to improve their ability to lead teams of engineers
and sharpen their leadership skills. Special attention will be given to addressing
the leadership objectives and
challenges of potential leaders who come from traditionally underrepresented populations in engineering. There will also be a focus on knowing oneself and the people who you lead.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Topics covered in this program include:
- Emotional intelligence through self-development
- Empowerment for non-traditional leaders in engineering (woman and minorities)
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Managing multiple generations in the workforce
How Can the workshop Benefit You?
Emotional intelligence is a key trait for organizational leaders, whether you’re currently in a leadership position or pursuing career advancement. This workshop will help you develop in several important ways:
- Grow your empathy and resiliency.
- Discover how to build a culture of trust.
- Foster innovation in a highly structured environment.
- Gain a credential in a sought-after soft skill.
How Can the workshop Benefit Organizations?
- Improve team culture and communication through self-awareness and empathy.
- Develop the next generation of leaders.
- Establish succession and leadership pathways.
- Inspire and engage underrepresented populations in engineering.
Why Choose USF’s Online Emotional Intelligence and Leadership For Engineers workshop?
- Set yourself apart as an aspiring leader in your organization.
- Earn continuing education credits (CEUs).
- Enhance your résumé with a prestigious credential.
- Add a digital badge to your LinkedIn and other social profiles.
- Take advantage of an online workshop designed for busy professionals.
- Live online sessions
- No trips to campus required
- $995 for individuals outside of USF’s Semiconductor and Manufacturing Technology (STeM) Graduate Certificate program
- $700 for STeM and USF Engineering students
- View upcoming scheduled sessions
Ready to explore the topics that will expand your emotional intelligence knowledge as an engineer? Register today!