Strategy in a Post-Pandemic World: Cognizant Security Strategy (CSS) Certificate Program
USF’s Strategy in a Post-Pandemic World: Cognizant Security Strategy (CSS) Certificate Program offers a fresh approach to the outdated security methods that are no longer useful to organizations in a post-pandemic world. Security departments have erroneously functioned in a reactionary – rather than proactive – role for decades.
This certificate will ensure your team does not act as spectators. It will help break your staff out of the mindset that they are solely operating in a responder role. At the same time, it will help leadership resist the temptation to micro-manage tactical situations rather than providing direction at the strategic level.
Much like a combat mission or intelligence operation, your security strategy needs to be organic. Decisions are based upon the fluidity of the threat environment and on-the-ground realities involved. As conditions change (whether that means an escalation or de-escalation of a crisis) the organization – and subsequent teams responsible – must dictate the pace and direction of the event. The Strategy in a Post-Pandemic World: Cognizant Security Strategy (CSS) Certificate Program equips your company to incorporate that organic security strategy.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
The Strategy in a Post-Pandemic World: Cognizant Security Strategy (CSS) Certificate Program provides the foundational security principles you need to understand to take an active role protecting a business:
- Analyze your security posture and preparedness.
- Enhance your decision-making skills.
- Learn the important difference between strategic and tactical thinking.
- Develop an actionable roadmap for making decisions about security.
- Take a preemptive approach to prevent threats.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This certification program is ideal for individuals tasked with leading company strategy, managing teams, addressing business threats or coordinating projects:
- Company executives and leaders who devise company policies and strategies
- Managers responsible for directing day-to-day operations
- IT and cybersecurity professionals who need to stay abreast of the latest threats
- Project managers interested in expanding their skill set
- Small business owners responsible for safeguarding their company
- Live online, expert instruction
This highly interactive course incorporates lecture, case studies and Q&A to deliver the security principles.
WHAT YOU WILL EARN
- A certificate granted through Security Management International and the University of South Florida Corporate Training and Professional Education Division
- A coveted USF digital badge for LinkedIn
- Continuing education contact hours/CEUs
- A letter of completion, which may apply for professional development credit