Taught by experienced instructors, our preparatory program is designed to help you do your best on the GMAT. This course will help you improve your skills, confidence, and score, all of which increases your chance of admission into the MBA program of your choice.
What You Will Learn
The GMAT Test Prep course includes a review of the mathematical and verbal concepts tested on the GMAT, and prepares you for the questions typically seen on the GMAT. You will also strengthen the critical reasoning skills tested on the Integrated Reasoning and Analytical Writing sections of the GMAT.
24 hours of classroom or live-online instruction
Classroom based classes are conveniently held in the USF Tampa campus. Live-Online classes provide alternative schedules and the added benefit of taking the class from anywhere in the world.
Cost of Attendance
Classroom or Live Online Instruction: $869 course fee. Textbook and materials are included.
Effective Monday, July 2, 2018 new registrations for on-campus courses include a parking permit in the cost of attendance. Please review your registration receipt for additional information.
USF Alumni, USF Faculty & Staff, USF Faculty & Staff Family Members, USF Students and Veterans are eligible to receive 10 percent discount on CTPE courses. How to Receive the Discount.
View upcoming scheduled sessions.
The GMAT measures analytical writing, verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning and integrated reasoning skills. The GMAT is a major component of the MBA admissions process. Whether students are considering a full-time MBA program, pursuing an MBA part time through a professional MBA (PMBA or EMBA) program, or seeking a dual JD/MBA degree, the GMAT will likely be required. The GMAT is a computer-adaptive exam that can be taken any time the test taker is able to schedule the GMAT Exam with the local testing center. There are no scheduled dates for the exam's administration.
Quantitative Topics Include:
- Strategies for handling math questions in the confusing data sufficiency format
- Techniques for picking numbers for Yes/No questions in data sufficiency format
- Approaches to math questions presented in abstract form
- Tactics for translating difficult real-world word problems into algebraic expressions or equations
Verbal Topics Include:
- Spotting correct idiomatic speech in sentence completion problems
- Understanding the key components of arguments in critical reasoning problems
- Answering reading comprehension questions quickly, without reading the entire passage
Integrated Reasoning Topics Include:
- Interpreting data from tables, graphs, text, and other sources
- Dealing with multiple questions about the same data
- Analyzing data from multiple columns for Two-Part Analysis questions
General Topics Include:
- Utilizing the process of elimination
- Mastering time management skills
- Minimizing test anxiety
- Identifying common distractions
Who Should Attend?
The GMAT Prep class is ideal for anyone looking to pursue a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or other business-related advanced degree within the next five years. This course is ideal for anyone who has been out of school for a few years and for current undergraduate students looking for assistance with the complex quantitative and verbal skills needed to succeed on the GMAT. In addition to MBA programs, those pursuing master's and doctoral degrees in business, economics, accounting, or other related fields of study may be required to sit for the GMAT.
For more Information