Master of Arts
- An earned baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Scholastic evidence to successfully perform in the academic program, as indicated
by one of the following:
- An earned graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher in all work attempted while registered as an upper division student working for a baccalaureate degree, or
- A GRE score of 154 (520 if taken before Aug. 2011) in Verbal Reasoning and Quantitative Reasoning score of 143 (480 if taken before Aug. 2011) and an Analytical Writing score of 4.5, or
- Completion of 9 hours of specified graduate course work in special education with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and the endorsement of a Special Education Faculty Member.
- A letter of application that addresses why the candidate desires to pursue a master’s degree in special education.
- A letter of recommendation or recent evaluation from someone who has seen the candidate teach and/or work with children.
- A completed application submitted to the graduate school
For more information, please contact the program coordinator:
Dr. Karen Colucci
Department of Teaching and Learning
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue, EDU 105
Tampa, FL 33620
Phone: (813) 974-1398