Dr. Vonzell Agosto
Professor of Educational Leadership and Policy Studies Affiliate Faculty in Women and Gender Studies and Educational Measurement and Research
Dr. Agosto received her doctorate degree from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
She serves as Associate Editor of the Journal of Curriculum and Pedagogy and Secretary
of Division B: Curriculum Studies of the American Educational Research Association
(2020-2022). Her research interests include curriculum leadership, disability studies,
and cultural (heritage, popular, material) studies. Her publications include multiple
book chapters and articles in Review of Research in Education, Race, Ethnicity & Education,
Educational Researcher, Teachers College Record, Journal of School Leadership, Journal
of Curriculum Theorizing, and the Journal of Negro Education, amongst others.
Dr. Agosto is, or was, Principal or Co-Principal Investigator on grants totaling approximately $4.3 million dollars for research and development projects such as:
- The BEST Way: A Study of Black Males in the Medical/Healthcare Fields.
- Advancing Leadership for Intersectional Equity
- Preparing Leaders for Faculty Roles in Special Education Administration and Policy Studies
- Play it Forward Leadership (PlayFL): Transformative Theatrics
- Race to the Top Job-Embedded Principal Preparation Program