Urban Teacher Residency Partnership Program (UTRPP)
Award winning K-5 teacher preparation program*
- Recipient of a prestigious Federal i3 grant**
- Innovative STEM partnership with Hillsborough County Public Schools (HCPS)
- UTRPP integrates coursework & fieldwork, giving residents 2,000+ hours of mentoring in K-5 classrooms
- Hours are 7:30am to 3:30pm Monday through Friday
- $3,200 scholarship each year (2 years)
- Guaranteed teaching position in Hillsborough County upon completion of the program
- A maximum of 35 students are accepted each year
2014 Recipient of the Association of Teacher Educators Distinguished Teacher Education Program Award.
**In partnership with Hillsborough County Public School district, the Urban Teacher Residency Partnership Program was honored to receive a prestigious $3,400,000 i3 federal grant to support this innovative model of teacher preparation. As a recipient of this grant, the residency is seen as a national model for what is possible in teacher preparation.