Tuition and Financial Support
Ph.D. students in Chemical Engineering who are making acceptable progress toward degree generally receive full support for their tuition and a stipend.
Sources of support may include research assistantships, teaching assistantships, and fellowships.
USF offers multiple internal fellowships. Nomination deadlines for these fellowships are generally in January and February, however, prospective students who wish to be considered for these fellowships should submit their application by the preferred Dec. 10 date.
In addition, we strongly encourage students to pursue external, nationally competitive graduate fellowship opportunities.
Internal USF Fellowships open to incoming graduate students
The following internal USF fellowships offer multi-year full or substantial partial fellowships to incoming Ph.D. students.
Internal, Regional, & State Fellowships Open to USF Graduate Students
- USF Signature Research Doctoral Fellowship
- The Kosove Society at the University of South Florida Scholarship
- The Florida-Georgia Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation USF Bridge to Doctorate Program
- McKnight Doctoral Fellowships
- Florida Space Grant Consortium Fellowship
- USF Dissertation Completion Fellowship
MAJOR Federal Graduate Fellowships
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate (NDSEG) Fellowship
- NASA Fellowships
- Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship
- Department of Energy Office of Science Graduate Student Research (SCGSR) Program
Other Graduate Fellowships Open to USF Graduate students
- The Hertz Foundation Fellowship
- American Association of University Women grants
- Environmental Research & Education Foundation Scholarships
- Ford Foundation Fellowship